Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our offices are located in the West Loop district of downtown Chicago.
The successful candidate will become the Chief Financial Officer, reporting to the founding CEO. This newly-created role will lead the company’s finance, accounting, treasury, tax, and planning functions. The CFO will manage a small team and will interact regularly with the Board.
What you will be responsible for:
- Partner with the CEO, the Board and the management team on the transformational strategies for growth and profit improvement.
- Contribute to the success of the business by understanding the industry, customers, products, and operations.
- Act as a thought leader by providing analytical insight and perspective to monitor and drive performance.
- Play a leading role in managing the company’s financial structure and balance sheet. Serve as the primary interface with investors and financial institutions.
- Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, tax filings, and analyses of performance, variance and cash flow.
- Provide organizational leadership across general ledger accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, treasury, and financial analysis.
- Lead in recruiting, training and developing top talent to ensure the finance organization’s performance as true business partners to the rest of the company.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls and accounting/finance procedures
- Ensure legal compliance across all financial functions
Who you are:
- An undergraduate degree is required with a focus in finance or accounting, MBA and CPA credentials being preferred.
- 10 + years previous experience in a leadership role, preferably in the CPG space
- 5 + years of leadership experience, managing and building a team
- Experience leading a successful transaction, is a plus.
- You are comfortable in a fast paced quickly changing environment
- You are a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative and multi-task
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are not afraid to speak up and ask questions
- You are always looking for ways to improve processes, learn and develop the accounting function
- You have a strong attention to detail, always looking for errors and improving your work