Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our office is located in Fulton Market.
The Director of E-Commerce manages Vital’s overall digital business with the goal of delivering record sales growth and ROAS. This position will oversee our digital team (digital strategists and web developers) to create and develop multi-channel online marketing strategies including search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), paid social, mobile marketing, and additional paid media tactics. This leadership position reports to the VP of Marketing and liaises with the CEO/founder.
- Strategic: The ability to align the e-commerce plan with the organization’s strategic objectives is paramount to success in this role.
- Analytical: Interpreting data and being capable of adjusting the content strategy based on analytics is key.
- Tactical: Capable of handling tactical aspects of content; ability to solve technical problems related to website, content, advertising, marketing efforts.
- A Creator: Technically savvy combined with creative vision -- content marketing is partly science but, make no mistake, it takes a creative mind to fill this role.
What you will be responsible for:
- Implementing new processes for overall management & success of e-commerce platform (VitalProteins.com)
- Managing online strategy with key retailers (Amazon, Jet.com, Ebay, etc.)
- Overseeing website traffic conversion and engagement; constantly making tweaks and updates where necessary – HTML experience a must
- Concentration on new customer acquisition a must; nurturing lead systems; audit of current system; improvements and adaptations where necessary
- Management, development and overall implementation of:
- Paid search (PPC) campaign setup and day-to-day management -- keyword, budget and competitive research, monitoring campaign performance, campaign optimization; reporting
- Paid social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) - turning this into constant revenue stream; campaign implementation and management
- SEO - competitive research, SEO auditing and recommendations; monitoring tools setup and usage; optimization; reporting
- Analytics support – audit analytics, data management, conversions, trackable asset management, tagged links, reporting
- Amazon ad network including keywords, search and ad campaigns
- Subscription models, affiliate programs, and loyalty programs
- Continuously surveying the market for newest technologies and trends; identifying new digital tools and processes that improve efficiency; constantly being ahead of the curve
- Increasing sales and ROAS across all areas of job function; maintaining a strong ACOS
- Working with creative teams to create display media and videos
- Experience with local search and brick/mortar strategy for future efforts
- Weekly measurement of campaign performance & KPIs - audit analytics, data management, conversions, trackable asset management, tagged links, reporting
- Improving customer loyalty, evangelism and retention, measurable by significantly increasing the client’s conversion rate and lifetime value
- Working with outside contractors, where applicable
- Management and development of e-commerce team
Who you are:
- 7-10 years working in a related field, preferably for a consumer product good
- AdWords and Google Analytics certification (preferred but not required)
- Passion, attitude, aptitude & enthusiasm to be a key member in a small but growing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write copy that converts prospects into leads and buyers into major assets
- Understanding and experience in lead generation
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Superior time management and organizational skills; ability to manage others
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and desire to do digital better than our competition
- Extensive hands-on experience working with some of the following or similar programs: Google Analytics, Amazon Seller Central, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Strong personal interest in health and wellness, fitness, or beauty markets
- Any experience working in the international e-commerce space a plus!