Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of over 100 passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. This position will be in our new creative office space in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, IL. Vital Proteins has multiple locations where we manufacture and package collagen nutrition products.
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to maximize the efficiency of our CEO on a day to day basis as we aggressively scale one of the hottest health and wellness start ups in the industry. This position provides administrative support to the CEO on a daily basis and will perform day to day business functions and management of complex tasks, communications, scheduling, and travel. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a fast paced team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex daily activities and providing administrative support, is essential in this position.
What you will be responsible for:
- Executive Support – Daily email, phone calls, calendar management, and travel assistance, with clear and effective communication on behalf of our company leader
- Draft confidential correspondence, edit documents, and perform other administrative/clerical duties
- Collaborate to the organization and external business relations as a proxy for the CEO to permit efficient multitasking on organizational leadership.
- Shadow the CEO on a daily basis
- Vital Proteins operates at breakneck speeds and rapid comprehension and responsiveness on issues is critical. #wesprint #courage
- Provide conflict resolution, in a calm and swift manner
- Establish and build strong relationships with executive leadership team, interfacing with all levels of the organization and providing tactical assistance and first line business review on many important issues
- Provide project management in a clear, comprehensive and through manner
- Participate in executive/board meetings as requested
- Lead special projects by delegating tasks to internal teams, establishing deadlines, and holding all parties accountable
- Handle requests from executive outside of business hours, including nights and weekends
- Represent and evangelize the Vital Proteins brand and help build a winning culture
Who you are:
- You must have a 4 year degree, preferably in business administration
- You have 8-12 years of experience as an executive assistant, preferably in start-up
- You have a passion for details, project management and you possess a "can do" attitude
- You are relentlessly driven, self-motivated and extremely organized
- You have great listening and problem solving skills with a dose of humility
- You find personal satisfaction and joy in growing a business
- You are computer savvy and have experience in Google Docs, Microsoft Suite, Dropbox
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets