Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
We are looking for a Director of Sales to lead our field sales efforts. This role will be based in our office space in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, IL (soon to be moving to the Fulton Market) and will report to our SVP of Sales. The individual will be responsible for field-based revenue generating activity, creation and execution of sales strategies and overall program management and education of brand advocates. This role is critical to the growth of Vital Proteins, defining company strategic direction, P&L and will be a considered a member of our extended leadership team. We seek an individual who is both a leader and an entrepreneur who thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment who thrives with change, as our culture is a curious one and we continually information gather, evaluate and evolve.
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of sales coordinators, customer advocates, and brand advocate associates to deliver high level of in store growth, elevate daily operations and provide direction for field based sales efforts.
- Develop, implement and track team activities and KPI’s with a focus on sales growth, field enablement/education and evangelizing our brand.
- Regional market analysis, creation of a strategic ninety (90) day plan and executing against the field sales plan through sales quotas, forecasting and business development efforts.
- Develop and implement sales training program and provide ongoing development to the team as needed
- Recruit, hire and train new team members as need to grow the sales organization
- Strategically continue to develop and improve the Brand Advocate program and brand presence nationwide
- Interface cross departmentally to achieve and drive continued sales initiatives
- Share learnings and insights with peers on other business units to effectively manage sales priorities
- Develop and implement, in coordination with the SVP, on Annual, Quarterly and Monthly sales volume, team KPI goals, and budget plans
- Evaluate sales promotional/trade spending and effectively track ROI
- Plan for, participate in, and support trade shows, trade events and major sales events
- Act as company thought leader, guiding a team and executing initiatives that contribute to larger company goals
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of previous selling experience, preferably in a startup and/or CPG.
- You have 3+ years of prior leadership or managerial experience
- You have previous experience leading and scaling a sales team
- Demonstrated record of success and overachievement
- Motivated, adaptable and able to work with little direction
- Comfortable in a fast-paced growing company, able to adapt to change quickly
- Takes initiative and proactively looks for and suggests improvements
- You have an innate curiosity and your natural tendency is to act upon it
- You have great listening and problem solving skills with a dose of humility
- You are a student of selling who finds personal satisfaction and joy in closing and building a business
- You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
- Demonstrated problem solving & negotiation skills
- Have strategic relationships in the health and wellness, fitness or beauty markets
- Willing to travel up to 30 - 50% (including nights and weekends)