Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our facility is located in Bensenville but will be moving to Franklin Park in the next 3-4 Months.
The Logistics and Transportation Coordinator at Vital Proteins plays a vital role in the supply chain team to ensure customer orders and warehouse material transfers are executed per the requested delivery dates and shipping conditions. Harmonization of all warehouse shipping methods and practices is of utmost importance. This role will require close communication with internal business teams, such as; inventory, customer solutions, and sales. Reporting to the Operations Director, this role will be located in our Bensenville location and will be moving to Franklin Park in the next 3-4 months.
What you will be responsible for:
- Determining the most cost-effective shipment method(s) to meet customer needs.
- Evaluating shipping lanes (multi-shipping sites) and reduce shipping costs.
- Maintaining freight information and analysis to ensure accurate invoicing, works with finance to resolve any freight bill issues.
- Coordinating and dispatching of shipment tracking and all materials to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage Amazon logistics.
- Coordinating with planning, manufacturing, and CSR's to ensure deadlines for shipping product.
- Handling day-to-day EDI functions, such as submitting 856 ASNs
- Ensure outbound shipping compliance for major accounts
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly performance indicators.
- Writing and reviewing SOP's pertaining shipment best practices
- Setting up all distribution routes/channels for all inbound and outbound freight.
- Update cost saving reports monthly or as required to support Business objectives
- Participation and/or leading a cross-functional supply chain projects
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Freight Transportation, Logistics or Business is preferred (or equivalent level of industry experience).
- 1-3 years experience in a logistics role
- Experience in terminal routing transportation. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in SAP Transportation or equivalent ERP system.
- Able to openly communicate on all levels of management, customers and carriers.
- Highly organized, detailed orientated and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. (accuracy, timeliness, reliability, adaptability, and responsiveness).
- Strong data and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite programs
- Proven track record and experience in planning and an interest in continuous improvements
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty market
- Administrative – must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Contracts – understanding of Terms and Conditions and basic contract language
- Spend Analysis – developing and utilizing spend data associated with freight
- Negotiation – experience in negotiations and managing relationship with carrier
Competencies for Success:
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even the most challenging objectives with limited supervision
- Team player with well developed interpersonal skills that is comfortable leading in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Results-oriented professional able to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex issues in simple terms to all levels of the organization
- Potential to grow into positions of increasing responsibility based on results and capabilities
- Strong analytical, time management and writing skills