Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower both our company, team, and shoppers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
Will have broad responsibility which includes the systems, process and procedures review as well as the interface with management, employees and external sources who deal with the company on quality and product matters. Develop, enforce and maintain the NSF and SQF System. The overall result expected is the development of a world class Food Safety, Quality Control and Assurance program which will direct its attention to all incoming, in process and final product throughput including adherence in the various regulations. Reporting to the VP of Operations and VP of Compliance and Product Strategy, the Quality Manager will operate out of our production facility in Elk Grove Village and will be moving to Franklin Park in the next 4-5 months.
What you will be responsible for:
- A comprehensive understanding of 21 CFR Part 111 regulations and 21 CFR Part 117
- Establishing, communicating and educating all supervisors, group leaders and employees regarding the HAACP, GMP, NSF and SQF (Safe Quality Food) programs and establishing audits for insuring adherence to its guidelines and principles
- Developing and maintaining all prerequisite programs and training on Quality programs
- Managing all Food Safety Programs
- Developing and maintaining Quality Assurance policies, practices and procedure manual which identifies all current activities - this will incorporate any new policies, practices or procedures which are adopted for implementation
- Educating managers, supervisors and employees in the company’s present as well as newly established policies, practices and procedures
- Establishing company standards relating to policy, practice and procedure and establishing audits which will measure their application and effectiveness
- Working with the VP of Product Development on developing new products and specifications
- Analyzing, testing and measuring equipment ensuring accuracy, maintenance of, calibration of, and proper use of and employee understanding of it purpose and results required
- Reviewing new quality measuring tests equipment for effectiveness and efficiency
- Educating and developing supervisors and employees on Food Safety programs.
- Developing plant self-inspection processes to ensure that sanitation standards, hygiene practices, preoperational inspection, physical facility review, equipment and utensil review follow the Department of Health, FDA, NSF, SQF and customer standards.
- Establishing, educating, communicating and monitoring employee personal hygiene, appearance, uniform and cleanliness up to GMP standards
- Reviewing ingredient contents, product labeling, nutritional facts, declared weight in accordance with FDA and customer requirements
- Coordinating both new and existing product testing with outside laboratories and to evaluate the appropriate use of those laboratories
- Maintaining records and documentation of Food Safety and Quality Control checks, production runs self-audits and inspections as well as regulation inspections.
- Maintaining certificates of analysis from vendors.
- Providing existing and new product quality/ingredient testing.
- Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on all complaints and returns of both raw and finished materials
- Developing and providing management with written reports regarding Quality matters, education provided, problems identified, results achieved and or recommendations regarding Quality Improvements and or regulations governing the business.
- Working knowledge of all instrumentation and analytical techniques engaged by Quality Control
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Minimum 5-10 yrs experience in a SQF certified Food environment
- Bachelor's’ Degree in related field
- HACCP Certified
- SQF Practitioner preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coach and manage staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office product suite capability including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- Comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment