Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our office is located in Fulton Market.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and extremely hard working Events Associate to help us plan and execute trade shows and major consumer events here at Vital Proteins. We have a strong vision for our 2018 event strategy (with over 100 events on the docket!) and need a self-starter to join our events team to help execute the mission. This position requires a certain amount of adaptability to overcome any sort of challenge, as we plan quickly to perform big. This position requires a fair amount of travel, as you would be expected to travel to events to set up and tear down booths, as well as support the sales and marketing teams as needed.
What you will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing trade shows and consumer events for the company; including beauty, fitness and wellness events
- Coordinating all event logistics including registration, contracts, onsite logistics, booth layouts, staffing, shipping, vendors, supplies, etc.
- Working with Events Manager & Senior Events Manager to set individual goals and measurable objectives for each event – meeting them on a consistent basis will be a must!
- Training new staff members on trade show booth etiquette and other event procedures; acting as onsite leader of events
- Budgeting and financial planning for all events and associated entities
- Preparing, packing, and shipping event materials in coordination with warehouse staff
- Working with vendors to ensure timely, cost-effective execution of materials
- Providing post-show reporting immediately following each event
- Coordinating event itineraries and run of shows
- Forecasting for event sampling and collateral
- Ability to travel an average of 8 days per month or typically two weekends
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or relevant study of coursework
- You have 2-3 years of experience in an event or trade show role – preferably leading events on your own
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- You are a “whatever it takes” type of person who gets the job done and always with a smile on your face
- You have excellent time management skills and know how to manage an event project; you have a strong attention to detail
- You take on challenges with ease and professionalism, always finding the best solution when things come up (when it comes to events, they always do!)
- You are outgoing, personable and friendly – a champion of our brand both onsite at events and in the office