Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food- based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Social Media & Community Manager is a key member of the Social Media team, managing all social media platforms and engaging with the Vital Proteins community across all social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. The Social Media & Community Manager is responsible for the daily posting, monitoring and engaging with our community, as well as providing creative ideation for content on a consistent basis, working closely with the Creative and Content Production team. This role requires strategic planning and execution of major social campaigns, new product launches and influencer initiatives, and will be expected to achieve high growth for social platform followings and engagement, providing in-depth, analytical, monthly reports on KPIs.
To be successful in the role, you must be passionate about the power of social media and community engagement as it relays to social media. You thrive in creating and facilitating relationships across a wide variety of people and you understand the power social media plays in growing a company. The role will work out of our West Loop office or remotely in Los Angeles, reporting to the Associate Director of Social Media.
What you will be responsible for:
• Support the Associate Director of Social Media with developing and executing best-in-class social programs and developing content in alignment with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, including innovation, marketing and education teams.
• Posting daily on social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube and Pinterest, as well as assisting with content ideation and creation
• Supervise community engagement to drive positive brand conversations. Ensure questions, comments and related opportunities are handled with a well-executed, high-touch experience.
• Monitoring social media platforms for UGC, product feedback, relevant trends, etc.
• Work with cross-functional departments to support all areas of the business through social media initiatives
• Maintain the Vital Proteins brand voice across all social platforms
Who you are:
• 4+ years related experience – social media and content creation / management
• Passionate about wellness and the industry
• Experience liaising with key retailers a plus
• Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented, team player and solution-oriented
• Have an in-depth understanding of top social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, previous community management and copywriting experience preferred
• Quick-learner who takes direction and feedback well
• On-the-spot thinker who understands the standards of the company and can effectively communicate our messaging in an appropriate manner
• Must have an eye for detail
• Collaborative attitude with strong interdepartmental communication skills
• The understanding that social media is 24/7 and may require monitoring the community on off hours; willing to work after hours or on weekends to support events
• Self-starter with eagerness to learn and grow into the social media space
• Strong time management and organization skills; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Bachelor's degree required; branding, CPG experience highly valued
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer