Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative individuals who have grit, a passion and perseverance to achieve goals, who work collaboratively and with speed to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Transportation & Order Logistics Coordinator at Vital Proteins plays a vital role in the supply chain team to ensure customer orders and warehouse material transfers are executed per the requested delivery dates and shipping conditions. Harmonization of all warehouse shipping methods and practices is of utmost importance. This role will require close communication with internal business teams, such as; inventory, customer solutions, sales and warehouse operations, supply chain. Reporting to the Associate Director Of Global Initiatives, this role will be located in corporate office in Fulton Market but on occasion will travel to our warehouse and production facility in the Chicago suburbs.
What you will be responsible for
- Determine the most cost-effective shipping method(s) to meet customer needs
- Evaluate shipping lanes (multiple shipping sites) and reduce shipping costs
- Maintain freight information and analysis to ensure accurate invoicing, works with finance to resolve any freight bill issues.
- Ensure accurate inventory movements in ERP (transfer orders, fulfillments, track shipping costs)
- Coordinate and dispatching of shipment tracking and all materials to ensure on-time delivery
- Coordinate Amazon logistics
- Coordinate with planning, manufacturing, and CSR's to ensure deadlines for shipping product.
- Coordinate logistics and shipping to and from multiple shipping points within the Vital Proteins supply chain network
- Ensure outbound shipping compliance for major accounts
- Set up all distribution routes/channels for all inbound and outbound freight
- Update cost saving reports monthly or as required to support business objectives
- Participation and/or leading a cross-functional supply chain projects
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas
- Other logistics functions as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Freight Transportation, Logistics or Business is preferred (or equivalent level of industry experience).
- 3-5 years experience in a transportation/logistics role
- Experience in terminal routing transportation. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in ERP and TMS system (NetSuite preferred)
- Able to openly communicate on all levels of management, customers and carriers.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. (accuracy, timeliness, reliability, adaptability, and responsiveness).
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite programs
- Proven track record and experience in planning and an interest in continuous improvements
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty market
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even the most challenging objectives with limited supervision
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills that is comfortable leading in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Results-oriented professional able to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex issues in simple terms to all levels of the organization
- Potential to grow into positions of increasing responsibility based on results and capabilities
- Strong analytical, time management and writing skills