Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for managing the sales forecasting and demand planning processes of Vital Proteins which include activities such as building historical baselines, calculating baseline forecasts, working with the commercial team to establish incremental forecasts for promotions, and other marketing events; as well as build assumption based projections for new product launches or product extensions. This role will manage and facilitate the sales forecasting activities, and the Demand Review Meetings on a periodic basis. In addition, the role is expected to manage and maintain all demand planning related tools, and historical data repositories. Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, this role will be located in our corporate office in Fulton Market but on occasion travel to our warehouse and production facility in Franklin Park.
What you will be responsible for
- Managing and maintaining forecast models and tools. Continually improving statistical forecasting models and methodology for both mature and new product launches. Accountable for Forecast Accuracy (via MAPE) improvement.
- Leading the sales forecasting and demand planning process through interface with Sales, Marketing, Planning & Finance to ensure timely development of an agreed upon forecast which ties to Financial projections.
- Leading the monthly forecast collaboration meetings with key account Managers and Analyst from the Account. Review prior month’s forecast accuracy and assess rolling 12-24 months forward forecast.
- Providing input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Managing demand planning KPIs such as forecast accuracy, and share ownership with supply chain partners.
- Developing and implementing tools and processes to improve forecast capabilities, efficiency and accuracy (i.e. MAPE). Perform root cause analysis. Articulate Risk & Opportunity assessment to tie into latest top-line estimates.
- Managing and facilitating the sales forecasting process, demand planning process and Demand Review Meetings as part of Sales and Operations Planning.
- Developing and maintaining very strong relationships with commercial team and commercial team leadership through excellent listening and communication skills to ensure an effective sales forecasting process.
- Utilizing highly analytical and/or statistical tools to build and analyze data for calculating statistical baseline forecasts.
- Building incremental forecasts using event based modeling or similar techniques
- Building new product launch or extension forecasts to support company growth and submit accurate demand projections to supply chain.
- Establishing continuous communication with supply planning and master production scheduling to provide information on daily/ weekly changes to demand.
- Driving a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around demand and supply.
- Driving culture of analysis and execution taking ownership of identified issues in demand planning to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, Analytical Marketing or Operations Management (required).
- You have minimum 8+ years of experience statistical forecasting, statistical modeling, demand planning in CPG industry (required).
- You have 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- You have demonstrated experience with statistical forecasting tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAS, JDA, Manugistics.
- You have managed and facilitated sales forecasting and Demand Review Meetings.
- You have exceptional computer skills; ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent and Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- You have excellent collaborative management skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- You have strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- You have attendance or participation in external industry events and/or membership in forecasting organizations such as IBF.
- You have the ability to read, write and understand English.