Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
We are looking for a Director of Sales Operations to lead sales operations, customer service, brand management and support our field sales efforts. This role will be based in our office space in Chicago, IL and will report to our SVP of Sales. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of sales support – sales operations, customer service, execution of sales strategies and overall program management. This role is critical to the growth of Vital Proteins, defining company strategic direction, P&L, and will be a considered a member of our extended leadership team. We seek an individual who is both a leader and an entrepreneur who thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment who thrives with change, as our culture is a curious one and we continually information gather, evaluate and evolve.
What you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Sales Operations, Customer Advocates, and Sales Associates to deliver high level of top line growth, elevate daily operations and provide direction and support of the sales organization
- Assisting SVP in developing a data driven sales strategy, channel go to market, and overall sales execution plan
- Regional market analysis, creation of a strategic ninety (90) day plan and support of sales execution through historical analysis, setting sales quotas, forecasting and general CRM ownership.
- Developing and implementing, in coordination with the SVP, on annual, quarterly and monthly sales volume, quotas, team KPI goals, and budget plans
- Providing team development and training to the team as needed
- Recruiting, hiring and training new team members as needed to grow the sales organization
- Developing, implementing and tracking team KPI’s with a focus on sales growth, field enablement/education and evangelizing our brand
- Interfacing cross-departmentally to achieve and drive continued sales initiatives
- Sharing learnings and insights with peers on other business units to effectively manage sales priorities
- Acting as company thought leader, guiding a team and executing initiatives that contribute to larger company goals
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of previous selling experience, preferably in a startup and/or CPG.
- You have previous experience leading and scaling a sales support team
- You have a demonstrated record of success and overachievement
- Motivated, adaptable and able to work with little direction
- Experience with CRM, NetSuite, Data analytics and other enterprise systems is highly valued
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company, able to adapt to change quickly
- A self-starter and proactively look for and suggest improvements
- You have an innate curiosity and your natural tendency is to act upon it
- You have great listening and problem-solving skills with a dose of humility
- You are a student of selling who finds personal satisfaction and joy in building a business
- You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
- You have demonstrated problem solving & negotiation skills
- Well-connected in the health and wellness, fitness or beauty markets and have strategic relationships
- Willing to travel up to 25%