Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and continued growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, develop smart strategy and tactically execute with excellence. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. This position will operate primarily out of our office in Amsterdam and reports to the VP Marketing in Chicago. Up to 50% travel should be expected.
The International Marketing Director is responsible to set a course of business expansion in the EU and beyond. The business will be online first and experience with DTC and Amazon are critical with CPG as a close following channel.
The International Marketing Director will develop strategy and collaborate with the local operations team to launch and grow Vital Proteins revenue and brand awareness and set a trajectory of growth to capitalize on global demand for collagen products. This position requires robust knowledge and seasoned experience across marketing vehicles, with demonstrated success in digital and integrated marketing and demonstrated experience collaborating with Sales. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be eager to roll up sleeves and wear many hats to own the business individually until a larger team is justified. Experience with product management, manufacturing and regulatory issues will be important to navigating country expansion.
What you will be responsible for:
- Successfully launch operations and guide forecasts in new markets
- Determine go to market strategy and local adaptations required
- Build and communicate a solid understanding of direct and indirect competitive players to advise the leadership team
- Be accountable for delivery by market and communicate resources and structure needed for success
- Manage feedback from stakeholders, adeptly handle conflict and curveballs, tolerate change and diverse opinions well and use them to build relationships and cultivate winning solutions for the business.
- Collaborate with US marketing & leadership team to execute go-to-market plans including marketing campaigns, new product launches, creative briefing, media planning, public relations, promotions, and more
- Deliver marketing activity which meets target metrics and within agreed budget
- Present monthly updates on activities for VP of Marketing & leadership team
Who you are:
- 10 years relevant experience in EU marketing and general management
- Data-driven marketer able to utilize market information to develop and hone strategy
- Bring broad expertise and examples of agency management, large industry event management and/or performance marketing.
- Must have at least 2 years at the Director level and majority B2C experience
- Strategic thinker who brings opinions, solutions and ideas to the table.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and influencing diverse stakeholders.
- Health, fitness, and/or beauty category success highly desired, ideally with start-up experience
- Ability to both manage and execute programs; an independent self-starter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent creative judgement
- Willingness to leverage successful playbook while recognizing market differences and opportunities
- Culturally aware, curious and fact-based about market differences and opportunities
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English, additional European languages desired: German, Spanish, French to enable fluid relationship-building across markets