Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative individuals who have grit, a passion and perseverance to achieve goals, who work collaboratively and with speed to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right attitude, who continually ask questions, who challenge the status quo, who drive change, and who develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
As the General Manager, Performance you will be a strong entrepreneurial leader of our Sport Performance business unit with responsibilities of setting strategy and goals for discrete customer segments and geographies. You will be responsible for building, managing and leading sales, marketing, and operations teams, as well as being responsible for Profit and Loss for our Performance Nutrition business unit. You are charged with running an end-to-end business with some centralized support services from our Chicago corporate headquarters as a whole. You will have high levels of entrepreneurial autonomy to build and run your teams and initiatives and achieving overall organizational objectives.
What you will be responsible for:
- Develop the overall Vital Proteins Performance Nutrition business plan for our pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation portfolio Globally and successfully drive execution and results by leading and coordinating cross functional teams in sales, marketing, and operations and utilizing Vital Proteins headquarters functional teams as a resource.
- You will own the delivery of the agreed upon plans and business results in close collaboration with Vital’s Corporate headquarters in Chicago
- You’ll lead, run and grow the sports performance business. Drive and create strategy for sales, marketing, and operations while influencing all relevant lines of the Profit and Loss, Capex, Marketing expenses, etc.
- Lead and handle the business planning process; Build Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams while driving and leading strategy
- You will lead business teams and development of your team
- Provide strategic direction for development of channel, customer and sales strategies including marketing, sales and operations
- Optimize business model to drive scalability for the future
- Optimize the manufacturing capabilities to help drive supply chain efficiencies and innovation
- Oversee daily operations of our Performance Nutrition business unit
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategic growth plan
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for direct reports
- Provide direct management of key functional leaders
- Engage in key customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or related field
- MBA required
- More than 15 years in business with 8 years in marketing and sales.
- 10+ years in food and beverage, dietary supplements, or consumer products industry;
- Have successfully delivered on strategic plans and KPIs, especially top-line revenue and bottom line business results;
- Strong commercial acumen and potential for business role
- Leading and managing cross-functional teams at local market level
- Active player within matrix organization and business/project multi-disciplinary teams at international level.
- Successfully developed people and staff
- Drive for excellence by continuous improvement and sense of urgency.
- Conceptual thinker who can move from strategy to tactical implementation seamlessly.
- Skilled in negotiating and proven record of business acumen
- Strong management skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to sell and convey new business ideas and concepts
- Attention to detail with a strategic “big picture” mindset
- A combination of passion and perseverance to achieve goal
- You must have the ability to read, write and understand English
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer