Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for to developing and releasing the Weekly and Daily production schedules for building finished goods at our internal or external manufacturing facilities. The Master Scheduler needs to be highly organized and understand the processes that drive a supply chain, as well as production constraints at the manufacturing facilities. Works with Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Production, and Quality to develop and manage the build schedule for multiple production lines, while considering current inventory, lead times and production capacity. In addition, this position is expected to make critical decisions based on the best information at hand and take a leadership role in building consensus among several parties, including at times conflict resolution among various functions. This role will operate out of our Franklin Park office and report to the Director of Supply Chain.
What you will be responsible for
- Developing and Releasing Daily and Weekly Production Schedules in accordance with supply plan and line capacity as communicated by Supply Planning and Production.
- Creating all work orders and releasing work orders daily to production.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the delivery of the supply and inventory plans following release for execution on a weekly basis.
- Working jointly with supply chain teams and internal/external manufacturing sites to identify options when supply is constrained.
- Proactively reviewing material supply and requirements to determine appropriate actions to avoid material shortages in production. Make changes to schedules as required.
- Ensuring that Supervisors/Leads receive schedules daily in a timely manner and that they report any discrepancies to Production Manager daily.
- Reviewing schedule attainment during daily meetings with the Production Manager to address any issues on the production floor.
- Working directly with employees to resolve scheduling issues.
- Working with material planners to ensure that material supply needs are met.
- Documenting key information for analysis which includes downtime, peak production, inventory accuracy and scheduling accuracy. Accountable for performance to plan, plan stability, customer service and inventory levels.
- Executing effective, timely phase-in and phase-out plans for new products, product changes, to support innovation and product change management processes by interacting with Supply Planning, Marketing and Sales.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management (required).
- You have minimum 8+ years of hands on experience in master production scheduling in CPG manufacturing facilities (required).
- You have demonstrated experience with master scheduling tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAP, Oracle (required).
- You have experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- You have exceptional computer skills; ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent and Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- You have excellent collaborative management skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- You have strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- You have CPIM or CSCP certifications from APICS.