Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Construction Project Manager will manage and coordinate all architectural projects for Vital Proteins including an expansion office in the Fulton Market area of Chicago, as well as a 12,000SF Retail/Cafe/Fitness Center prototype in Chicago that will eventually expand to other markets nationally. This role will work out of our Fulton Market office and report directly to the CEO, closely collaborating with the Vice President of Design on overall management of construction project(s). They will also work with the COO on budgeting and allocation of funds for each project as well as manage communication and coordination with all outside contractors, designers, and consultants.
What you will be responsible for:
- Oversee and manage construction project(s) from start to finish.
- Perform the main role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- In conjunction with the CEO and COO, develop realistic milestones and budget for Project costs including construction, equipment, furniture and design fees.
- Prepare and track all RFPs related to the project and work with in-house General Counsel on final contracts with outside partners.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Coordinate all efforts and communicate effectively with contractors, architects, design team, and consultants responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate landlord notices and approvals.
- Manage and monitor project schedules within budget guidelines, progress and costs to ensure projects are completed on time and effectively. Maintains, adjusts and updates project plans as needed.
- Consolidates, communicates and manages all issues and risks affecting the project. Communicates project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Monitor the progress of the overall project on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the stakeholders.
- Perform project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project expenses, and submitting/paying out invoices.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting company and project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner. Advocate and negotiate on behalf of Vital Proteins to achieve best industry pricing and meet budgetary goals.
- Ensure that the project and construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Ensure all project documents are timely, accurate and complete.
- Manage the permitting and approval phase of the development process and ensure all proper approvals have been received prior to construction phase.
- During construction, coordinate and oversee weekly meetings with required contractors, architects, consultants, and Vital Proteins’ internal team.
- Manage punch list and closeout items at completion of project including final invoicing
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, architecture, or construction management
- 7+ years of experience in construction project management
- Excellent time management and comfortable with shifting priorities and project scopes
- Self motivated & highly organized
- Attention to detail and quality
- A problem-solving orientation and an ability to provide solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working cross departmentally
- Strong negotiation skill and comfortable pushing back as needed
- Knowledge of construction systems
- Interest in the health and wellness field preferred
- Able to travel about 30-40% as projects would require based on locations
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer