Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative individuals who have grit, a passion and perseverance to achieve goals, who work collaboratively and with speed to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
As the General Manager, Hospitality, you will be a strong entrepreneurial leader to build our vision of our Hospitality business which includes our Wellness Café and Rooftop, Experiential Nutrition, Fitness Center, and Wellness Travel business unit. This leader will be responsible for growing the flagship store with responsibilities of marketing, customer service, sales, operations, and financial results. This individual will be responsible for defining and delivering customer experiences that amplify the Vital Proteins as a lifestyle brand. You will be responsible for leading up buildout of new facility, working with architects and construction teams, refining business plans, staffing, and developing a business model that can be applied to future locations. You must be an independent worker who is motivated by the next big challenge. This role will report to the CEO and operate out of the West Loop office.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the CEO to understand store vision and concept, be able to execute and implement initiatives for the retail and cafe space
- Execute store strategy and plan at the market level that is aligned with Vital’s growth plan
- Project manage the build out retail and cafe concept
- Creating process and procedure for operations related to the store concept
- Ensure brand messaging is optimized at the store level maintaining consistency and conforming to company standards
- Work cross departmentally to execute marketing and sales strategies at the retail level
- Hiring, leading a growing a team to operate the retail/cafe space
- Develop and execute store expansion strategy and plan each market.
- Build incremental brand awareness and customer experiences.
- Integrate Vital’s marketing strategy across the retail store concept
- Ensure brand details and messaging is optimized at the store level maintaining consistency and conforming to company standards
- Ensure stores are staffed effectively with quality employees by providing excellent training and new hire on-boarding.
- Lead project management of all new store development activities.
- Develop and execute a store expansion strategy and plan for priority regions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in hospitality, marketing, business or related field, MBA preferred
- 15 + years of professional experience in hospitality, restaurant operations, and retail setting
- 5 + years of general management experience and ability to lead cross departmental teams
- Proven General Manager with P&L responsibility for retail operations growing food service or fitness locations;
- Have successfully delivered on strategic plans and KPIs, especially top-line revenue and bottom line business results;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute strategic store development from start to finish.
- Experience hiring world class talent, as well as developing and coaching others to achieve their full potential.
- Operational mindset, with a focus on process development and improvement
- Proven success in the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets (preferably in a startup, CPG industry)
- Ability to both manage and execute programs; an independent self-starter
- The ability to think and move quickly and inspire team in an environment where continuous innovation is required.
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization (operations, marketing, supply chain, finance, human resources, legal and other groups).