Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Supply Chain Manager plays the important role of being the consolidated voice of Vital Protein’s organization planning. The role is the key driver to ensuring availability of product at the most efficient cost within the Vital Proteins network. This role will have the primary responsibility for establishing alignment between our sales and operations strategies to drive network optimization across our in-house production and co-manufacturing activities. With a “lead with data” style of influencing, the Supply Chain Manager will succeed by utilizing fact-based recommendations to educate and driver results.
In this role you will directly interface with Marketing, Sales, Operations, R&D and Finance. The Supply Chain Manager serves as the subject matter expert for demand planning, network optimization, and capacity planning while supporting various projects including; monthly demand plans, consumption models, network and production strategy optimization, integration of new businesses, and new product launches. This person will have a major focus on S&OP Process, Innovation, Change Management, and Demand Planning. This role will operate out of the West Loop office and report to the Director of Supply Chain.
What you will be responsible for:
- Oversee all strategic S&OP and Demand Planning activities across the full product portfolio
- Aid in the design, development, and implementation of a cohesive process from sales forecast to end product distribution
- Facilitate monthly demand forecast aggregation, including consensus between functions and stakeholders.
- Establish trust and alignment with operations partners to the optimal production strategies across our blending and packaging operations.
- Create and drive continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes.
- Monitor the demand plan performance throughout the month to provide detailed input to Sales and Marketing management for use in demand review and S&OP meetings.
- Measure, control, and improve S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics.
- Lead Network Optimization Process to mitigate cost and maximize service
- Develop Capacity simulation process to run sensitivity analysis for growth
- Provide direction for the creation of a monthly supply plan process by the manufacturing team then validate performance vs. plan.
- Map the supply model (make to order, finish to order, make to stock) based on business rules, forecast demand and historical sales performance.
- Develop metrics for forecast accuracy, planning data integrity and accuracy, S&OP performance, service and inventory metrics.
- Manage and optimize network inventory including analysis of excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 5+ years S&OP or tightly related experience, with 1+ years supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies and the ability to integrate those into the Company process flow.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets