Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Vital Proteins family is looking to welcome a driven & passionate Innovation Analyst to join our team. As a key position in our business, this role requires someone who can be the voice of our consumers while delivering innovation propositions. A successful Innovation Analyst would possess strong strategic thinking, creativity, flexibility, drive and determination for excellence of execution. This position would work closely with internal and external stakeholders to help create and bring the innovation pipeline to life. This role reports to the Director of Innovation and based out of the West Loop office.
What you will be responsible for
- Develop and validate product concepts supported by strategic category and consumer insights that deliver on key consumer needs and align to the brand. Define target consumer per brand, category, and product.
- Work closely with a diverse, cross-functional team to help shepherd innovation propositions through the innovation process, considering consumer and brand need, including points of difference, claims, price, launch strategy.
- Own an inspiring marketing launch strategy which will support new project launches for an extended period of time.
- Closely collaborate with the Brand, Integrated Marketing, Legal, R&D, eComm, Education, Retail Marketing, and Creative team to ensure the marketing launch strategy is executed.
- Ensure timelines support sell-in windows and retailer resets.
- Construct and manage the innovation metrics (post launch) that support overall growth and profitability.
- Manage a robust pipeline of disruptive innovation that drives incremental and profitable growth.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Marketing, Business or related discipline
- 5+ years experience preferred in consulting, business analytics, or related field of work in innovation
- Experience in developing innovation design briefs, naming, positioning and marketing launch strategies
- Demonstrated strategic and financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication, organizational skills and project management skills
- Prior CPG experience
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal direct supervision and the ability to adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Ability to manage across multiple projects
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer