Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and well-being. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Sanitation Manager will oversee the sanitation of parts/equipment by supervising staff, organizing, and monitoring work flow. This role will manage all GMP, tools and sanitation scheduling, planning, updates, recommendations and follow up. The Sanitation Manager will be responsible for maintaining all safety rules, SOP's in accordance with all company and outside regulatory policies and rules. This role reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing at our Franklin Park location.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Lead by example and adhere to Vital Protein’s SQF, HACCP and Master Sanitation programs.
- Supervise Sanitation Employee and 3rd party crew in safe work practices including PPEs, chemical handling, times/temperatures, lock out – tag out and vessel procedures.
- Set the Equipment Cleaning and Master Sanitation Schedule for planning and scheduling of department work.
- Investigate and follow up on all sanitation issues which could result in contamination, reduction of shelf-life, customer complaints and rejection of products.
- Conduct inspection, and verifications of all equipment to be cleaned and sanitized (pumps, valves, systems and more).
- Work with the Quality Manager and Production Manager to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and techniques to verify and validate the effectiveness of all sanitation.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement measures to improve the facility sanitation procedures and methods; production equipment clean –up practices; and the design of the work center to enhance the quality of production and sanitation standards in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree with comparable work experience.
- 2 to 4 years of demonstrated ability to create, review and update policies and procedures as it pertains to sanitation.
- 3-5 years of Supervisory/Management Experience in a food processing facility.
- Solid knowledge of chemical use in the cleaning/sanitizing process to include swabbing techniques.
- Sound understanding of GMP’s, SQF, PC, HACCP, EMP, OSHA, and USDA regulations.
- Demonstrated effective communication, organization, computer and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work the 3rd shift hours (10 PM – 8 AM)
- Ability to read, write and understand English.