Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness, wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our manufacturing facility is in Franklin Park, Illinois; and headquarter office is in Fulton Market in the West Loop downtown Chicago.
The Supply Chain Manager – Internal/External Contract Manufacturing is responsible for the management and execution of our internal and external contract manufacturing operations. Internal includes all of the supply chain activities that we undertake within our own manufacturing facilities for other clients as a contract manufacturing partner; and External includes all of the supply chain activities that we outsourced to other manufacturing partners. The role will oversee receipt of demand forecasts, production planning and master production scheduling, material requirements planning, production sequencing and tracking as well as purchasing activities underway at manufacturing facilities (i.e. tollers). The role will ensure that the production facilities run efficiently, materials arrive on time and product is available at the right time and right location ready to ship to satisfy customer demand. The role will represent supply chain execution and will work closely with our co-manufacturing clients, our co-manufacturing partners, demand/supply planning, quality, logistics and warehousing teams.
What you will be responsible for:
Internal Co-manufacturing (Vital Proteins is the co-manufacturer for other companies)
- Be the single point of contact for our co-manufacturing customers to ensure outstanding communication and service.
- Manage weekly meetings with our customers to discuss demand forecasts and ordering schedules. Receiving forecasts and purchase orders from customers.
- Work with the Demand and Supply Planning teams to facilitate entry of plan data and orders in our systems.
- Work with the Material Requirements Planners for plan and purchase of materials, receive orders, work with plant scheduler to ensure production, receive and QA release finished goods, store and ship to customer.
- Provide leadership and support to the co-manufacturing customers via relationship building and continuous communication.
External Co-manufacturing (Vital Proteins employs other manufacturing companies as co-manufacturers, i.e. outsourced production)
- Communicating Vital Proteins forecasts and purchase orders/changes to co-manufacturing partners.
- Managing an effective, timely Master Scheduling process that includes assigning and sequencing the weekly supply plan across co-manufacturing sites as well as across the 4-week short term horizon. Accountable for performance to supply plan, schedule attainment, schedule adherence, customer service and inventory levels.
- Managing the creation, maintenance and tracking transport orders among facilities, work orders released to manufacturing and purchase orders released to suppliers.
- Implementing inventory policies and strategies in line with business growth strategies.
- Managing external manufacturing capacity & communicate risk & opportunities within the S&OP process.
- Driving a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around scheduling, materials planning and supply chain data and transactions.
- Driving culture of analysis and taking ownership of identified issues in procurement, scheduling, materials planning, quality, warehousing and physical flow of materials and finished goods at the co-manufacturing sites to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
- Working proactively and collaboratively with procurement, quality, logistics and finance to resolve any identified issues.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management (required).
- Minimum 6+ years of experience directly in contract manufacturing environment or managed co-manufacturing partners in Food and Beverage industry. (required)
- Demonstrated experience with any MPS, MRP tool such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAP APS, Oracle APO, JDA, Manugistics etc. (required).
- CPIM or CSCP certifications from APICS a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical capability to perform hands on analysis, be able to create various ad-hoc analysis, performance KPIs and dashboards as well as required reports.
- Experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- Demonstrated competence in cross-functional project management within a lean environment
- Exceptional computer skills, ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent and Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Excellent collaborative management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- Strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- Travel up to 30% to visit supplier locations, external manufacturing or co-packing sites and warehouses, depending on business needs.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer