Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Demand Planner is responsible for creating and maintaining the sales forecasts and demand plan for a category of products. The activities include building historical baselines, calculating baseline forecasts, working with the commercial team to establish incremental forecasts for promotions, and other marketing events; as well as build assumption based projections for new product launches or product extensions. In addition, the role is expected to maintain all demand planning related tools, and historical data repositories for a category of products. Reporting to the Demand Planning Manager, this role will be located in our corporate office in Fulton Market but on occasion travel to our warehouse and production facility in Franklin Park.
What you will be responsible for
- Calculating statistical baseline forecasts.
- Building incremental forecasts (event based, promotional lifts etc.).
- Reviewing historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Attending the monthly forecast collaboration meetings with key account managers. Review prior month’s forecast accuracy and assess rolling 12-24 months forward forecast.
- Preparing and monitoring forecast KPI's on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Analyzing actual sales and emerging trends in comparison to forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining very strong relationships with commercial team through excellent listening and communication skills to ensure an effective sales forecasting process.
- Building new product launch or extension forecasts to support company growth and submit accurate demand projections to supply chain.
- Provide input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Communicating with supply planning and master production scheduling to provide information on daily/ weekly changes to demand.
- Identifying areas in need of improvement and create/present recommendations
- Collaborating with the leadership team to implement process improvements.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, Analytical Marketing or Operations Management (required).
- You have minimum 5+ years of experience statistical forecasting, statistical modeling, demand planning in CPG industry (required).
- You have demonstrated experience with statistical forecasting tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAS, JDA, Manugistics.
- You have participated in sales forecast collaboration and Demand Review Meetings.
- You have exceptional computer skills; ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent and Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- You have strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- You have attendance or participation in external industry events and/or membership in forecasting organizations such as IBF.
- You have the ability to read, write and understand English.