Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring that the supply, distribution, production, capacity and inventory plans are established in conjunction with demand plans and manufacturing processes to meet business needs. The role will ensure that product is available at the right time and right location ready to ship to satisfy customer demand. The role involves establishing an inventory strategy to deliver customer service goals and ensuring that capacity plans are developed to support the demand plan. The role is one of the key links between the manufacturing facilities, demand planning and the business teams including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Logistics and Customer Service. Reporting to the Demand Planning Manager, this role will be located in our corporate office in Fulton Market but on occasion travel to our warehouse and production facility in Franklin Park.
What you will be responsible for
- Executing an effective, timely Supply Planning process that includes supply model design, distribution and production planning, capacity planning, inventory planning to cover a rolling 12-24 months horizon. Accountable for performance to plan, plan stability, customer service and inventory levels.
- Executing effective, timely phase-in and phase-out plans for new products, product changes, to support innovation and product change management processes by interacting with Demand Planning, Marketing and Sales.
- Setting strategic direction for inventory management in line with business growth strategies.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the delivery of the supply and inventory plans following release for execution on a weekly basis.
- Working jointly with supply chain teams and internal/external manufacturing sites to identify options when supply is strained or constrained.
- Managing internal and external manufacturing capacity & communicate risk & opportunities within the S&OP process.
- Developing and maintaining very strong relationships with commercial team and commercial team leadership through excellent listening and communication skills to ensure an effective sales forecasting process.
- Driving a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around demand and supply.
- Driving culture of analysis and execution taking ownership of identified issues in supply planning to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management (required).
- You have minimum 7+ years of experience supply, production and capacity planning in CPG industry (required).
- You have demonstrated experience with supply planning tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAP APS, Oracle APO, JDA, Manugistics (required).
- You have experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- You have managed and facilitated supply planning, S&OP or Supply Review Meetings.
- You have exceptional computer skills; ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent and Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- You have excellent collaborative management skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- You have strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- You have CPIM or CSCP certifications from APICS.
- You have the ability to ready, write and understand English.