Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing and executing Vital Proteins’ expansive Social Media program. The primary responsibility of the job is to build and strengthen Vital Proteins’ connection with our passionate consumers via all online outlets and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter. The Social Media Manager is responsible for the daily monitoring and engaging of customers across multiple channels, as well as intricate monthly reports on growth. This role requires strategic planning and execution of major social campaigns & new product launches. It also requires a major commitment to providing creative content on a consistent basis. The Social Media Manager will be held to high platform following & engagement growth standards. Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, the role will work out of our West Loop office.
What you will be responsible for:
- Maintain a fair, balanced level of exposure across all brand objectives, inclusive of retailers, partners, influencers, UGC, branded content, education, recipes, ratings and reviews, etc.
- Serve as brand social lead, developing and executing best-in-class social programs in alignment with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and integrated / retail teams.
- Supervise community management to drive positive brand conversations. Ensure questions, comments and related opportunities are handled with a well-executed, high-touch experience.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity and other social media leaders to bring early adopter technologies and trends to Vital Proteins.
- Be a force of proposal within the brand to go after high-potential opportunities.
- Work in close tandem with the Performance Marketing Associate Manager to connect with social platform / media partners like Facebook, wyng, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day operations on the brand’s social media presence, including Facebook, Instagram and Youtube, Twitter.
- Develop standards, expertise and best practices within Social to inform and scale across all social channels.
- Report and analyze monthly on various social metrics such as growth, engagement, conversation, amplification, and leads across owned channels to guide and optimize overall social platform strategy
- Oversee two members of the social team, the Social Media Coordinator and Social Media Associate.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- 5+ years related experience – social media and content creation
- 3+ years of management experience
- Branding, CPG experience highly valued
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills
- Experience liaising with key retailers a plus
- Highly engaged in and active on social media
- Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented, team player and solution-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Team player with ability to interface with many departments
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills, brings a strategic and critical POV on brand presentations and executive briefings