Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for leading the development and implementation of progressive sourcing strategies that deliver cost efficiencies, supply assurance and quality in the procurement of raw materials, packaging, and contract manufacturing services. This role is expected to help identify and screen suppliers, developing strategic relationships, negotiate terms and conditions, and continuously drive improved supplier service levels through leadership and direction on a cross functional basis. This role will also ensure procurement strategies, processes, and program executions are fully integrated to support internal budget business plans and company objectives and will actively collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that our knowledge, relationships and investments are effectively and efficiently leveraged. The role leads teams focused on procurement of Contract Manufacturing services, as well as Raw, and Packaging materials.
What you will be responsible for
- Develop a companywide program procurement, purchasing, contracts, negotiations & vendor selection, including frameworks for vendor evaluation, engagement and RFP ownership.
- Establish extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, direct and secure the best outcome for the company, maximize leverage control and steer complex and critical negotiations.
- Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction targets and oversee execution of initiatives – accountable for reporting of procurement savings and compliance, inclusive of tracking savings to the P&L.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, executing competitive RFIs/RFPs and leading supplier negotiations.
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders to understand and support their vendor needs; work with managers and key partners to identify opportunities to leverage purchasing power.
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university (required).
- You have minimum 12+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement in food or food related industry (required).
- You have 5 + years of experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- You have excellent knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- You have strong analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports, model out total cost of ownership, and conduct cost analyses.
- You have demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
- You have demonstrated ability to provide sound leadership within the team and the interpersonal skills to build and nurture strong relationships with peers, executives, and external partners.
- You have excellent business and financial acumen with an understanding of accounting & finance principles and financial analysis.
- You have demonstrated experience in working in a diverse, complex and high paced environment with competing demands.
- You have experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP system.
- You can travel up to 25% to visit supplier locations, external manufacturing or co-packing sites and warehouses, depending on business needs.
- You must have the ability to read, write and understand English
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer