Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative individuals who have grit, passion and perseverance to achieve goals, who work collaboratively and with speed to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals that can perform at a high level, and execute quickly and efficiently. Building a great company is our goal and finding high quality individuals is of utmost importance to us.
In this role, you will own the sales process from identifying new business, cultivating relationships with customers and distributors, and executing sales, program and innovation that will drive growth to meet the goals of Vital Proteins business plan. You will report to the SVP of Sales and manage the Foodservice and Alternative channel distributors and brokers to deliver assigned customer Revenue, Trade Fund, Selling Expense and Profit goals. This is a highly-visible role accountable for identifying and opening new channels and accounts that meet the criteria for profitable growth.
What you will be responsible for:
- Execute the strategy of the Foodservice and Alternative Channels to deliver on annual revenue goals and create new distributor partnerships
- Identify, engage and open new channels and accounts, with emphasis on Foodservice segments such as QSR, Hospitality, Colleges/Universities, and Entertainment.
- Manage team’s trade spending to drive profitable business
- Review sales progress, strategies and business opportunities and develop plans to correct any business shortfall
- Collaborate with internal functions to develop customer specific programs/items/POS to build the business
- Utilize data and analytics to review business performance, identify business opportunities
- Understand and utilize P&L’s to drive financial performance, including managing A/R and Deductions
- Accountable for the development and accuracy of sales forecast by market and product to drive production planning
- Provide business updates to Senior Sales Management on sales results/opportunities
- Understand and report back on competitive landscape and activity
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required
- Master’s Degree in business related field highly preferred
- Experience: 7-10+ years of experience in high-level foodservice sales with customers and distributors, including broker management
- Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to create buy-in and influence others; build and maintain relationships, etc.
- Strong ability to self-prioritize and multi-task with the ability to pivot frequently
- Entrepreneurial thinking and understands how to use data to sell
- Outstanding organizational, presentation, and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Independent self-starter with exceptional ability to be a team player and collaborate with cross-functional internal and external teams
- Travel 25-50% (non-local)
- Ideally this position would be based in Chicago, IL, however, not required.
- Prior experience in HQ Selling, Sales Planning, Sales Strategy or Distributor Development role
- Prior experience commercializing innovation for Foodservice or Alternate channel customers
- Prior experience calling on Dot Foods, Vistar, Sysco, US Foods, Compass/Foodbuy, Aramark, etc
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer